Saturday, May 5, 2012

Out and About in DC

On Tuesday, we all headed down to DC by way of Metro. 
The whole group waiting for the Metro.

Our first stop was to go the the US Holocaust Museum to pick up tickets for the permanent exhibit.  The earliest tickets they had was at 4PM.  So, we decided to go and see the other things first and come back to the Museum at 4:00.
The Washington Monument  
It was closed (no one was allowed to go up in it) due to renovations they were doing from the damage after the earthquake back in August. 
Hannah looks like she's trying to push the monument over in this picture.
The WWII Memorial
The Capitol Building

When we arrived at the Capitol Building, everyone wanted to go on the tour.  So, I stayed back with our backpacks and did not go in with them. We had a lot of water bottles and were not allowed to bring any water bottles in, opened or unopened.  Plus, I was able to go on the tour when my parents were in town back in October... Jon was the one to stay back that time.

 It was another beautiful Spring day, so I enjoyed walking around the building and taking a few pictures.  I knew I had at least a good hour to roam around, so I took my time and enjoyed the scenery.



This is the Supreme Court Building and is located across the street from the Capitol. 
It was such a beautiful day with hardly a cloud in the sky!
 Here we all are after their tour.
 My sister, her husband, and their three oldest kids stayed in DC to go to the Holocaust Museum and the Natural History Museum after visiting the Capitol.  Jon and I, the munchkins and Addie made our way back to the Metro to go home.  Jon needed to be back for a meeting and the youngest three were pretty wiped out from all our walking and sight seeing.
 It was great day to be outside, wandering around in our Nation's Capital, and enjoying the great company of my sister and her family!

No comments:

Post a Comment