Thursday, July 5, 2012

Sightseeing with the Hermans

The last week in June we had some special guests come to visit us from Indiana.  My brother, Dave and his family, made their way out for their summer family vacation.  This was the first time they had come to see us and we were excited to have them here.
My little brother, Dave and me.
 On Monday of their visit, the munchkins and I joined their family sightseeing in Washington, DC.

 It was a grey, humid day in our Nation's Capital, but we enjoyed being together and seeing some of the sights.


 Sissy and Buddy took turns pushing Liam in his stroller.  They were great helpers and enjoyed spending time with their little cousin.
 At the WWII memorial, I was sure to get a picture of the Indiana pillar
 as well as the Maryland pillar.

 As we were leaving the memorial, I believe we saw the helicopter that carries the president fly by the Washington monument. 

 Here's Tiffany, Liam and Dave in front of the Lincoln Memorial
and the munchkins and me in front of the Memorial.

 The munchkins climbing up the steps to see the big Lincoln statue.
 The Hermans inside the Memorial
 The sky started clearing up as the day went on.
 Liam waiting for the Metro.
Buddy and Uncle Dave on the Metro heading home.
We had a fun time walking around our Nation's Capital with Dave and his family taking in all the sights.

No comments:

Post a Comment