Monday, April 30, 2012

A St. Patrick's Day Parade

On Saturday, March 17th, the munchkins and I went to a local shopping center to watch a St. Patrick's Day parade.  Unfortunately, Jon was not able to join us.  He was at a youth conference in Virginia with the youth group that weekend, so we decided to get out of the house and go to a parade.  It was an abnormally warm Spring day, a great day to watch a parade!
The munchkins and I waiting for the parade to start.  
They were handing out green balloons, so the munchkins were all set when they each received a balloon!

 We saw lots of dancers...
a man on stilts...

and men playing bagpipes.
I had never heard bagpipes being played live, right in front of me.  It was really something to see and hear.  It brought tears to my eyes for some reason.  I guess there's something emotional about hearing bagpipes being played... at least for me!
 The munchkins really enjoyed all that the parade had to offer, especially the groups that handed out candy!  We got our fill of candy, that's for sure!
 We saw more dancers...
and some clowns.  
One of the clowns was riding a bicycle a bit too small for him.  That made the kids laugh!
  The munchkins had a fun time at their very first parade!  It was a great day to see a parade.

No comments:

Post a Comment