Monday, September 10, 2012

The First... and then the Second

On Saturday night after I was done reading Sissy's bedtime story to her on the couch, she asked if I'd carry her to bed.  She's six years old now, but every once in a while, she still likes to be held by her Mommy and I'm happy to oblige.  
As I put her down, before getting to her bedroom, she accidentally bumped her mouth on me and noticed that one of her front teeth was missing.  We weren't sure where the tooth went and even thought it may still be in her mouth, that she had swallowed it, or it was somewhere on me.  We ended up finding it on the floor next to where I was standing.  
Both of her two front teeth have been loose for a few weeks now, so it really didn't take much to knock that tooth completely out.  
Here's Sissy with her new smile.
 So, on Sunday night, the exact same scenario played out.  We read a bedtime story on the couch and afterwards, she wanted me to carry her to bed.  I think she realized it was a good way to get her tooth out, so as I put her down, she bumped her mouth on my arm (this time it seemed a little more intentional) and the next thing I know, I hear, "ting, ting, ting..."  It was her tooth hitting the tile floor in the kitchen!  
Her new smile after Sunday night.  
For the last couple of days, I've been trying to get at her teeth to 'help' them come out, but each time I did that, she'd say she wanted them to come out on their own!  Well, that's what ended up happening... sort of!  
She has officially lost her first and second tooth and it happened all in one weekend!     

No comments:

Post a Comment