Wednesday, August 29, 2012

My Latest Project

About three and a half years ago, a friend of mine showed me how to crochet.  She showed me the single crochet stitch and the double crochet.  Then, she showed me how to do a granny square and after that I was on my own.  I have enjoyed crocheting so much and have been known to go to  YouTube to watch videos on how to do new stitches.  In the past three and a half years, I've made several different blankets, wash cloths, many... many scarves, Christmas ornaments, and now I'm making these cute purses! 
The first part of August I happened to come across a YouTube video on how to make this.  I had been wanting a new purse and then had the idea to see if I could crochet one.  This one is called the "mermaid tears purse" and it uses a 'crocodile' stitch.  Everything on this purse is crocheted right down to the handles and the flower.
 This is the very first one I made, brown, tan and red.  It was a good challenge for me and took about 12 hours total to make it.
Sissy is modeling it for me.
Once I had made the first one, it gave me confidence to try another one... and then another, and then another...
 This was the second one I made, hot pink, purple and cream.  It's a little bit smaller than the first.
 I then decided to make a bigger one, all black with a hot pink flower.  This one functions more like a tote bag.
 Here are the first four I made.  The one on the far left is brown and cream with a dusty rose colored flower.  I'm now able to make them quicker than the original one.  Not sure exactly how long it takes me now, but the time seems to fly by since I have enjoyed making them so much!
 Black, gray, and white
 I made this one for Sissy.  She picked out these bright colors... bright blue, hot pink and purple.  I was able to finish it while we were on vacation.
 Maroon, creamy tan, and orange...  A nice one for the Fall season.
Here they all are except for the hot pink, cream and purple one.  I've already given that one as a gift.  
(The last one I made is the purple, white and red one up front.)   
I'll be giving most of these as gifts as well.  I'm so glad Christmas is just around the corner.

5 comments:

  1. Now you HAVE to open an etsy shop and sell these!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're sweet, Maureen! It definitely has crossed my mind! :-)

      Delete
  2. I love these! And all the different sizes are so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Naomi! They have been a lot of fun to make!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with Mareen! It is time to open that Etsy store. : ) Very very cute!

    ReplyDelete