Monday, August 22, 2011

OBX - Sunset Pictures

Before we even left to go on vacation, I was thinking about having pictures of us taken on the beach at sunset.  I thought it would hopefully make for some really beautiful shots.  So, I packed khakis and a white shirt for everyone and a white dress for Sissy.  Jon only had a light pink polo shirt, not a white one, but I was okay with that and thought it would look nice.  
We still had one problem...
We didn't have anyone to take the actual pictures of all of us together.  So, we were hoping someone would be willing to take our picture once we got to the beach.  When we arrived, Jon and I started taking a few pictures of the munchkins and the munchkins with each of us...  
(And here is one of our family pictures, we ended up having a lot to choose from...)
Sure enough, shortly after we arrived, a kind lady walking her dog, offered to take our picture.
The sky was really beautiful that evening!
As soon as she left, another woman, who watched the other lady take pictures of us, came up and offered to take a few more.  She said she understood how much work goes into getting everyone coordinated and ready for a picture and wanted us to have more to choose from.  We were thankful for her kind offer.
Here's one of the pictures she took.

I love how Jon's shirt seems to match the sunset so well!
As we walked further along the beach, a teenage girl, along with her mother, offered to take our picture.  They actually shouted from their beach house, as we were walking, "Can we take your picture!?!?!" We said yes!  It must have been all of us in our coordinating outfits and me, holding the camera as we walked, that tipped them off that we were there to have our picture taken.  Were we that obvious?  :-)
It turns out this family that took our pictures, lives in Cleveland, OH and they own a lake cottage in Angola, IN, about an hour north of where Jon and I grew up.  What a small world!
Here's one of the pictures they took of us all together.
I love everything about this next picture of Buddy and his daddy!  Love, love, love it!!!
Such a sweet capture!
Me and my girl... just love her!
I really like this one, too!  I think it's precious!
We are very thankful for the women who took our pictures!  Turns out we didn't even have to ask, all of them offered to take them and I think they captured some great family photos!

3 comments:

  1. Really great pictures! But, of course, you made it easy for the ladies to take great pictures because you are a very photogenic family! :)

    ReplyDelete