Thursday, August 18, 2011

OBX - Sunrise

On Tuesday morning, I woke up at 5AM (before anyone else was awake) to head to the beach to catch the sunrise over the ocean, and I'm so glad I did!
Here's the sky before the sun peaked out.
Here's the first glimpse of the sun.

This is one of my favorites!
It was an amazing sunrise...
just beautiful!
One last picture before I headed back to the house
These pictures remind me of the chorus of a Rebecca St. James song, "Song of Love."

"The heavens declare You are God
and the mountains rejoice
the oceans cry, 'Alleluia!' 
as we worship You, Lord
for this is our song of love..."

The pictures also remind me of a couple of verses I read that morning on the beach...

"The sea is His for he made it,
and His hands formed the dry land." Psalm 95:5

"Mightier than the thunder of the great waters, 
mightier than the breakers of the sea-
the LORD on high is mighty." Psalm 93:4

No comments:

Post a Comment