Friday, December 10, 2010

Getting Ready For Christmas

Thanksgiving weekend, we all went out to get our Christmas tree.  We went to The Home Depot this year.  I think Jon and the munchkins did a great job selecting the perfect tree for our home.
 Here's the nice man from Home Depot tying the tree to our car.
  And here's the tree all decorated (Not the best picture, but you get the idea.)
 This is a wreath I made during a MOPS Mom's night out event we had at our church.  I think it turned out beautifully, if I do say so myself!  I decided to hang it on the inside of our door.  It really adds more Christmas feel to our home.  I love it!
 I have yet to set out our ceramic Nativity set, but I did put this Little People Nativity Set out for the munchkins to play with.  They love playing with it.
Along with decorating the house, we made cookies last Saturday.  Our good friend, InShil, came over to help.  We made chocolate chip cookies and cut-out sugar cookies.  Unfortunately, I only took this one picture of our time together...  but aren't the cookies pretty!?!
 We all had a fun time, even though Buddy dumped all the M&M's all over the bowls of frosting and cookies at one point.  (I'm still learning patience and flexibility when it comes to letting the munchkins help me!)  They did a great job decorating the cookies and love to help whenever they can.   

Even outside, it's starting to look and feel a little more like Christmas.  This morning it snowed a little bit.  It was just enough to cover the sidewalks... 
and the cars and make everything look a tad bit white.  
 I love it when it snows as we are getting ready for Christmas. 

1 comment:

  1. Julie, your Christmas cookies look amazing (and delicious too)! And you did a beautiful job on your Christmas wreath.

    ReplyDelete