Friday, June 11, 2010

Amazing Butterflies


This past Wednesday my munchkins and I went with our MOPS (Mothers Of PreschoolerS) group from church to Brookside Gardens to visit the Butterfly exhibit they had in their conservatory.  Unfortunately, I didn't bring my camera with me when our whole group was together.  I was only able to get a few shots of the butterflies with my cell phone.



We saw several different types of beautiful butterflies.  The kids had a great time looking at the butterflies and pointing out all the beautiful colors on them.  

My kids love the white butterflies they see outside when we take our morning walks.  You can imagine how excited they were to see butterflies with different colors on them than the plain white ones we usually see.


Some of the butterflies landed on a few of us, but most just flew by us or stayed on a flower so we could get some fantastic pictures of them.


My personal favorite is the monarch butterfly.  This is what I think of when I think of a butterfly.  The other butterflies were so beautiful and colorful, but I guess I'm just
 partial to this one.



After the munchkins had taken in all the wonder and amazement of the butterflies, we ventured outside  and saw a few water fountains.  I thought this was a perfect opportunity for another timeless photo, right?  

We had a great time enjoying the butterflies and the fountains at Brookside Gardens.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful place to visit, Julie! And I think you got some great shots, even if they were with your cell phone (taking pictures with a phone -- a technology that still amazes me!). Sounds like a great outing.

    ReplyDelete